'- Faithfully reproduced bodywork with typical wheel arch flares
Model Set VW Golf 1 GTI
- Separate, opening bonnet
- Multi-part, fully detailed four-cylinder engine
- Separate exhaust system
- Detailed interior with dash-board, front seats and rear bench seat
- Typical steering wheel
- Faithfully reproduced dash-board for left or right hand drive versions
- Rotating wheels
- Generously dimensioned front spoiler
- Imitation rubber tyres
- Instructions and authentic decal set with various registration numbers (D, GB, F, NL, B, A, CH, I, S, DK)'
'VW offered the first GTI only two years after its inauguration. The compact motorcar possessed what previously only sports cars had: light weight and a powerful engine (110 bhp). Additionally the car was suitable for everyday use and thoroughly affordable. The performance of this smal 'powerhouse' was also quite comparable to that of contemporary small sports cars. Visually, the then most powerful Golf stood out through its wider wings, wider tires, sports steering wheel and a grill framed in red. Today the best seller of that period has achieved cult status.
Maximum speed: 182 km/h (113 mph)'
Modellbausatz im MaÃYstab 1:24, 121 Einzelteile. LÃ¤nge des zusammengebauten Modells = 154 mm.